UPDATE: Electric scooter charging cord caused 2nd & Melrose apartment fire

!The fire in the apartment building at the corner of Second and Melrose on the night of April 16 engulfed two units. - KATYA SLEPIAN/Alberni Valley News
  • updated Apr 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Aid for the residents is being coordinated through the Port Alberni shelter society.

News

B.C. carbon tax gets international attention

  • posted Apr 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Premier Christy Clark invited to World Bank meeting where finance ministers seek strategies for Paris climate talks

News

UPDATE: Catalyst fire caused by overheated bearing

  • posted Apr 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM

An overheated bearing was the cause of the Catalyst paper mill fire the night of April 16.

News

Electric scooter likely cause of South Port apartment fire

  • updated Apr 17, 2015 at 3:17 AM

An electric scooter is believed to be the cause of a fire that broke out in an apartment building at Melrose and Second Avenue.

News

Paper machine fire at Catalyst

  • updated Apr 17, 2015 at 3:02 AM

A paper machine fire broke out at the Catalyst paper mill just before 11 p.m. on Thursday, April 16.

Alberni Valley News Videos

Question of the Day

Are you satisfied with the decision SD70 made to close both Eighth Avenue and Gill schools?

You might like...

    Community Events, April 2015

    Add an Event

    Read the latest eEdition

    Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

    Apr 16 edition online now. Browse the archives.