- BC Games
Arts Around Alberni: ConglomerART to future art
Jim Kermeen will share his acrylic paintings in ConglomerART, his first-ever exhibition, beginning Friday, Feb. 8 at the Rollin Art Centre.
Come meet the artist at his reception, Saturday, Feb. 9 from 1–3 p.m. in the gallery. Don’t miss this colourfully vibrant show.
ConglomerART runs until March 8 at the Rollin Art Centre. Regular hours of operation are Tuesday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You’ve got ‘em, sale needs ‘em
The Community Arts Council is now accepting gently used books for its annual book sale. Please drop off all your gently used books, puzzles and even CDs in the box located under the stairs at the Rollin Art Centre.
They cannot take encyclopedias, text books or library books.
This is one of the Community Arts Council’s biggest fundraisers, so please help with this great fundraiser. Just think: the more books you donate the sale, the more room you have to pick up different books.
Call to artists for 2014 shows
The Rollin Art centre is now accepting applications from all visual artists to exhibit their work in the Fine Arts Gallery during the 2014 calendar year.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your own art or group exhibit. Application forms are available at the Rollin Art Centre or you can download one from www.portalberniarts.com.
Deadline is April 30, 2013. Please call 250-724-3412 for more info.
Wedded bliss in the garden
The Rollin Art Centre gardens are a wonderful back-drop for any special occasion and perfect for summer weddings.
Are you planning a summer wedding? Call the Rollin Art Centre today and reserve your date; don’t miss out on your perfect day. Please call 250-724-3412 for more information.
Ticket central at the Rollin
• Vietnam Night, Saturday, Feb. 9. Celebrate Vietnamese New Year, $15 cash only.
• Portal Players presents Reefer Madness, starting Feb. 22. Tickets $20.
What’s up at Char’s Landing
• Friday, Feb. 8, 8-10 p.m., Glenn Chatten and Sue Turner in concert.
• Thursday, Feb. 14, 7-9 p.m., Todd Butler and the UN-Valentines Show.
• Friday, Feb. 15, 8-10 p.m., Kytami (fiddler).
• Saturday, Feb. 16, 7-9 p.m., The Barley Show Open Mic Showcase (We survived Valentine’s Day Edition).
• Sunday, Feb. 17, Opland-Freeman.
• Tuesday, Feb. 19, Real Mad Decent.
• Friday, Feb. 22, 8-10 p.m., Joe Stanton in concert.
• Sunday, Feb. 24, 7-9 p.m., Gold and Shadow plus David Ward.
• Monday, Feb. 25, 7-9 p.m., Chimney Swallows. Tickets available at the Rollin Art Centre.
The Rollin Art Centre is located at the corner of Eighth Avenue and Argyle Street and is open from Tuesday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed Mondays. Wheelchair accessible; admission is by donation.
Melissa Martin is the Arts Administrator for the Community Arts Council.