- BC Games
Travelers back in Alberni in January
Travelers back to raise funds
The Travelers are back for another fundraiser concert for the Community Arts Council, Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014 at the Capitol Theatre at 2:30 p.m.
Paul Kurucz and his daughters along with the Port Alberni Pipe Band present “A Splash of Tartan, A Tribute to Robbie Burns”. With the wonderful response from their first concert the Travelers will take listeners down a different path on memory lane with an interactive twist.
Tickets are $10 and are available at Rollin Art Centre and Happy Soles.
Bone up on art with Bonesky
Rollin Art Centre will be holding a two-day art workshop with artist Cynthia Bonesky, Saturday, Dec. 14 and Sunday, Dec. 15, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
The course will cover mixed media techniques for art journaling, card making, scrapbooking and fine art. A complete supply list is available at Rollin Art Centre at registration.Cost is $50 for the weekend. Space is still available.
Timbre! Choir and special guests The Alberni Valley Handbell Choir, pianist Sarah Hagen and the Russell Cripps Vocal Group perform a Christmas concert on Sunday, Dec. 15 at 2:30 p.m. at the ADSS Theatre. Tickets are on sale at Rollin Art Centre, Echo Centre, and Salmonberry’s.
Tickets may not be available at the door if all tickets are sold ahead of time. Adults and seniors $15. Children and students $5.
What’s on at Char’s Landing
• Sat., Dec. 7, 8-10 p.m., Mike Alviano Alt-Country, acoustic, folk-pop.
• Sun., Dec. 8, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Salt Spring’s Valdy - Christmas Fundraiser -pop & folk.
• Thurs., Dec. 12, 8-10 p.m., Sam Weber & Luca Fogale.
• Fri., Dec. 13, 7-10 p.m., Lance Lapointe songwriter’s workshop and acoustic concert.
• Sat., Dec. 14, 8-10 p.m., Rodrigo Latin instrumentalist.
Advance tickets available at Rollin Art Centre and Gayle’s Fashions.
If you are one of the lucky community artists to have painted a banner for 2013, they are available for purchase now at the Rollin Art Centre for $25. Located at the corner of Eighth Avenue and Argyle Street, the gallery is open from Tue. - Sat. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Melissa Martin is the Arts Administrator for the Community Arts Council, home of the Rollin Art Centre.