Tables ready for mill market
Holidays are fast approaching and this year’s McLean Mill Christmas market will be back again with its Light-Up.
Yes, this wonderful light-up will take place for two weekends, Dec. 6-7 and Dec. 12-14. If you are interested in renting a table in the main building or one of the heritage buildings, for one weekend or two, there is still room. The cost is $80 for one weekend or $150 for both weekends.
Events have been co-ordinated around the train arrivals. For more info or to register for this magical event, stop by the Rollin Art Centre for an application, or call 250-724-3412.
Christmas in the Valley
Alberni Valley Craft Fair Association presents the 40th annual giant Christmas Craft and Arts Fair on Friday, Nov. 7, 3-8 p.m., Saturday, Nov., 8, 10-5 p.m., Sunday, Nov., 9, 11-4:30 p.m.
The show promises some new vendors. The fair will be held at the Athletic Hall, 3727 Roger St., free admission and wheelchair accessible.
What’s on at Char’s Landing
• Fri., Oct 24th, 8-10 p.m., Lynn Jackson
• Sat., Oct 25th, 8-10 p.m., Nat Jay – CD Release Island Tour – Folk/Pop
• Mon., Oct 27th, 7:30-9:30 p.m., Argentine Tango – Dance Classes with Larry (weekly)
• Wed., Oct 29th, 8-10 p.m., Yukon’s Steve Slade
• Thurs., Oct 30th, 7-9 p.m., Alberni Valley Words on Fire! Spoken word open mic
• Sat., Nov. 1st , 8-10 pm, WiL Releases Video for ‘Make Make’ From New Album ‘El Paseo’
All advance tickets for Char’s events are available at Gayle’s Fashions and Rollin Art Centre.
Words on Fire Oct. 30
Words on Fire Open Mike continues at Char’s Landing, on Thurs., Oct. 30. Remove the cobwebs from your Halloween or spooky stories and join us for another entertaining evening.
Char’s doors are open for socializing, at 6:00 p.m., and the event begins at 7:00 p.m. with a howl!
Melissa Martin is the Arts Administrator for the Community Arts Council, at the Rollin Art Centre. Call 250-724-3412.