An early morning fire on Dec. 28 burned a rental house on Madill Road in Cherry Creek to the ground.

Cherry Creek rental destroyed by fire

Cherry Creek Fire Department firefighters were called to a rental house on Madill Road at 4:05 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 28.

Cherry Creek Fire Department firefighters were called to a rental house on Madill Road at 4:05 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 28.

Fire Chief Mike Sparrow said that the department got the call from the owner of the rental unit, an A-frame, who lived near the burned down property.

The house was completely destroyed because “A-frames have a lot of flammable material,” said Sparrow.

The house was between renters so no one was in the house when the blaze broke out.

Sparrow said that he was “leaning towards the woodstove chimney” being at fault, possibly due to creosote build-up, although the investigation had yet to be completed by the News’ press time.

reporter@albernivalleynews.com

twitter.com/alberninews