Pat Kermeen is active with the Arrowsmith Rotary Club in Port Alberni.
Kermeen has a background in health, having served as the chief executive officer for Baffin Regional Health and Social Services Board, Iqaluit, NWT.
• Reversed a deficit of $2.5 million to produce a balanced budget in 1997.
• Reduced medical travel by $1.8 million from a total budget of $5 million, being the only NWT Region to come in under budget on medical travel.
• Amalgamated and integrated Health and Social Services.
• Redefined physician specialist services and developed internet access for physician reference resources and commenced plans for on-line referral to specialist services.
• Began live conferencing with specialists.
• Developed new dental practice guidelines which included denture services for adults
• Introduced previously unavailable fluoride varnish program to eliminate chronic teeth problems that resulted in full mouth extractions for children under three years.
• Developed a medical boarding home pregnant mothers were losing seven pounds in the last month of pregnancy and proper planning changed the health of new mothers.
• Manager BC Outpost Hospitals Canadian Red Cross
Directed community assessment, leading to water supply improvements.
• Managed construction and opening of a new $1.5 million facility in Bamfield.
• Disaster Response Operation Director 2003 Forest Fires
• Hospital Board Member London Ontario:
• Changed management and reduced management staff by 50 per cent to meet our budget targets and provide a better client focused service.
• Community college board member and board chair London Ontario:
• Reviewed programs to meet the needs of the community and prepare students for employment.
Brandon General Hospital RN, University of Manitoba BN, and University of Western Ontario M.Sc.N..
• Continuing education:
• McMaster University, Royal Roads, and CanLNC Education.