The Rollin Art Centre will begin collecting all your book donations, for our annual May fundraiser beginning Jan. 12 at the Rollin Art Centre.
Please drop off all your gently used books in the large book bin under the stairs at the Rollin Art Centre.
The Community Arts Council of the Alberni Valley, in collaboration with the City of Port Alberni, is looking for artists to design original permanent murals to be installed at Echo Centre Pool for our phase two project.
Different sized murals will once again cover the walls in the pool area at Echo Aquatic Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity for local artists to contribute to this exciting continued community project.
These murals will be made out of Aluminum Composite Panels. All materials will be supplied.
If you are interested please drop by the Rollin Art Centre, Echo Centre or call for more details at 250-724-3412.
Complete application packages and guidelines are available for pick up at the Rollin Art Centre and Echo Centre. Deadline for all applications is Jan. 15, 2016.
The next art exhibit will be something special from local Tseshaht First Nation Chief Hugh Braker.
This exiting exhibit showcases a chosen part of his personal collection of items from his world travels to Sri Lanka, Philippines, Indonesia, Costa Rica and Brazil. Exhibit opens to the public Jan. 20 and will run until Feb. 5. Stop by the gallery Saturday, Jan. 23 from 1-3 p.m. to meet Hugh and talk about his adventures.
This is a reminder to all current Community Arts Council members, and everyone else who would like to help support the Community Arts Council, that all memberships will now be renewed in January 2016. This annual membership date will be for everyone.
If you have not yet renewed your membership for the 2016, pop by the Rollin Art Centre today. The cost is only $17 for adults, $12 for seniors and $22 for a family.
As we are a non-profit organization we rely on the generous support of art patrons like you.
So please, help support the Community Arts Council today so we can help support local artists tomorrow.
The Legion Branch No. 293 presents an exclusive Elvis Presley extravaganza showcasing all three eras of the king in one fabulous night featuring internationally renowned vocalist and tribute act, Steve Elliot.
Show is on Jan. 9 at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $20 per person.
Call 250-723-5042 for more info.
What’s on at Char’s?
• Friday, Jan. 8, 8-11 p.m., Disco Dance Social Fridays – TGIF-LGBT-PIPA hosted by Don Tecson
• Sunday, Jan 10 , 7-8:30 p.m., Motown Dance Social Sundays – Great Escape – classic rock, country & Motown
• Wednesday, Jan. 13, 6-8 p.m., Alberni Connect – an evening of inspirational speakers and networking hosted by the Young Professionals of the Alberni Valley. Find them on Facebook for more information
• Thursday, Jan 14, 7-9 p.m., Meeting – Cycle Alberni – future event planning for 2016 – everyone welcome.
• Saturday, Jan. 9, 8-10 p.m., Casual Concert – Nova Scotia’s Pennybrook – original instrumentals & old-fashioned songs
• Saturday, Jan 16, 2:30-4:30p.m., Matinee Recital – Baritone Cliff Ridley + Danielle Marcinek– classical & contemporary classical
• Tuesday, Jan 19, 7-9 p.m., Concert – Brian Gore’s International Guitar Night (IGN) – world instrumentalists
Melissa Martin is the Arts Administrator for the Community Arts Council and is at the Rollin Art Centre. Call 250-724-3412. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.