Dryer fire on Morton Street

No one was injured or home at the time of the blaze, according to the Port Alberni Fire Department.

Port Alberni Fire Department Deputy Chief Wes Patterson

A fire at a house on Morton Street was likely caused by a dryer, according to Port Alberni Fire Department Deputy Chief Wes Patterson.

“It appears to have started with the lint in the dryer,” said Patterson. Built up lint in the lint tray is a common cause of dryer fires.

“The crew arrived on scene and found heavy smoke on the main floor.”

No one was injured or home at the time of the blaze but the residents came home to talk to fire crews.

While the house sustained some smoke damage, firefighters had yet to do a full assessment of the structure.

reporter@albernivalleynews.com

facebook.com/albernivalleynews

twitter.com/alberninews

Just Posted

Coulson Aviation joins aerial fight against California fires

Vancouver Island-based Coulson sends two C-130 aircraft to fight fires

ADSS athletes step up for food drive

200 students, coaches and volunteers participate in annual athletic department food drive

Forest companies cancel Alberni council appearance

Forest companies pull out of scheduled Alberni council meeting, citing ‘safety concerns’

U-Cut Christmas trees enjoying popularity in Alberni Valley

Three U-Cut Christmas tree farms can be found on the way to the Alberni Valley Regional Airport

Port Alberni holds first Reconciliation Committee meeting

Committee discusses the possibility of creating a ‘made in Port Alberni’ response to TRC

SLIDESHOW: Breakfast with Santa at McLean Mill

McLean Mill hosts first-ever Breakfast with Santa event

Site C decision coming Monday

Premier John Horgan to announce fate of dam project at B.C. legislature

House burns down on outskirts of Nanaimo

Six occupants evacuate safely, but chicks die in fire Sunday

VIDEO: Vancouver Whitecaps acquire star striker Kei Kamara

Kamara has 103 goals and 39 assists in 298 appearances over 11 Major League Soccer seasons

Smartphone pedometers underestimate steps, but valuable health tool: study

UBC researchers found the iPhone underestimated steps by 21.5 per cent

VIDEO: ‘Last Jedi’ premiere kicks off with droids, Daisy Ridley

Latests Star Wars film premiered in style ahead of Dec. 15 theatre debut

UPDATE: Poor ventilation likely cause of carbon monoxide incident at B.C. farm

All 42 patients have been released from hospital, according to Delta Fire

16 Days of Activism: Teresa Bird

Bird is the publisher at the Alberni Valley News

Most Read