Trevor Little and Laura Johnson and their family escaped a fire in their home in Tseshaht First Nation territory on the weekend

Trevor Little and Laura Johnson and their family escaped a fire in their home in Tseshaht First Nation territory on the weekend

Fire guts house, leaving seven homeless

Family ‘overwhelmed’ by community response as parents, four kids and grandmother lose everything.

A family of seven is rebuilding this week after losing their home and possessions to a fire that reportedly started in a dryer.

The family—mother Laura Johnson, father Trevor Little, their two sons and two daughters and grandmother—are staying in a hotel at the moment.

“They’re looking for a place to stay,” said Joyce Little, Trevor’s mother.

The Littles have been overwhelmed at the response their family has received not only from their Tseshaht First Nation family but the Alberni Valley in general, Joyce said.

“We’ve had such a good response in Port Alberni. We’re grateful for all of Port Alberni. It’s overwhelming to me,” she said.

“What we’re most thankful for is everybody is fine. We’ll work together as a family to help put them back together.”

Joyce is taking donations of household items at her home, 5210 Watty’s Rd. Please call her at 250-720-9952 to arrange drop-offs.

Trevor’s sister Tracy is accepting donations of clothing in town at 1-4750 Montrose St.

A fund has also been set up on youcaring.com (search Help a Good Family Laura Johnsons Family) for those wishing to donate financially.

editor@albernivalleynews.com

Twitter.com/AlberniNews