Five children, all under the age of 10, were brought to Victoria General Hospital after accidentally eating cannabis gummies.
The children’s parents had noticed them acting strangely while attending a barbeque on July 16, according to Victoria police. Questioned about what they’d been up to, the children said they’d eaten candy which the adults immediately recognized as THC gummies. After someone called 911, the children were brought to the hospital, observed and later released.
VicPD does not suspect foul play.
Given the strong resemblance of some cannabis products to non-cannabis products, police urge those who use cannabis edibles to store them well out of reach of inquisitive children.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.