A kitchen fire broke out at a house near the corner of Third Avenue and Stirling on the afternoon of April. 19

A kitchen fire broke out at a house near the corner of Third Avenue and Stirling on the afternoon of April. 19

Kitchen fire on Third Avenue

A small kitchen fire that broke out on Third Avenue near Stirling Street has extinguished.

  • Apr. 19, 2016 12:00 p.m.

A small kitchen fire that broke out on Third Avenue near Stirling Street has extinguished, according to Port Alberni Fire Department deputy Chief Wes Patterson.

“It appeared to be a small kitchen fire,” said Patterson. The blaze started in the stove between 2-2:30 p.m. on April 19.

“Crews are still onsite checking for expansion and making sure everything is extinguished at this time.”

No one was injured but two women were treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics on scene.

reporter@albernivalleynews.com

Facebook.com/albernivalleynews

Twitter.com/Alberninews