• The Treasure Chest is doubling their space by expanding next door at Tenth Avenue Plaza. After 15 years, they have outgrown their current space and want to include more fashion, more home décor, and fitting rooms. The Treasure Chest hopes to have the renovations done by October 1 without having to close the shop, but if they must unexpectedly close for a day or two, they will post it on their Facebook page. Call 250-724-0124
• Realty company Royal LePage bought Coast Realty in July, closing the Coast office in Port Alberni. Former Coast realtors have joined either ReMax Mid-Island or Royal LePage offices in town. ReMax Mid-Island is moving their office at Argyle Street and Third Ave to the former Coast Realty location on the corner of Johnston Road and Ian Avenue early this fall.
• Multi Max The Movie Store has moved across the street on Johnston Road to the Adelaide Plaza. The new store is located between The Attic and Alberni Health Market. Multi Max planned the move after their previous location was sold. The new location provides better parking for patrons. Call Multi Max at 250-720-2242.
• Sally Fridfrinnson is the lucky winner of $5,000 towards new hearing aids at NexGen Hearing. NexGen holds the draws for their five island locations every 3 months. NexGen Hearing is located at 3831 9th Avenue. Call 778-421-0277.
• Nicole Mitchell manager at Staples, is the newest member of the Port Alberni Rotary Club. Port Alberni Rotary has begun selling tickets for their annual $10,000 Salmon Fest cash giveaway. Look for Rotarians selling tickets at the B.C. Liquor Store in the weeks leading up to Salmon Fest.
• Jiffy Lube has been purchased by previous assistant manager Jerry Czeczei and his wife Tracy. Jerry has been with Jiffy Lube since it opened on Johnston Road about five years ago. No appointment necessary, just drop in to their shop at Johnston and Adelaide. For more information on their services or to get a coupon towards your next oil change, visit lubexvancouverisland.jiffylube.com/
• The Huu-ay-aht celebrated the opening of their new head office on Adelaide Street. August 7 with music, dancing and tours. The new location doubles the office space for the first nation that was previously located on Third Avenue. The new office was formally occupied by Sears and has been completely renovated inside and out.
• Staples is collecting for their annual Stock the Lockers campaign for local students who’s families can’t afford school supplies. Stop by the store in Pacific Rim Mall to make a donation or to bid on an item in their silent auction.
• Registered acupuncturist and herbalist Janette Cormier has moved her clinic to the little building behind the Golden Dragon restaurant on Margaret Street. Cormier offers acupunture, Tui Na massage, cupping, herbal medicine consultation and dispensary, moxibustion heat therapy and diet therapy. For more information call 250-720-7240, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website at janettecormier.com.
Teresa Bird is the Alberni Valley News publisher. If you have a business item to pass on, please e-mail her at email@example.com.