News

UPDATE: Electric scooter charging cord caused 2nd & Melrose apartment fire

!The fire in the apartment building at the corner of Second and Melrose on the night of April 16 engulfed two units. - KATYA SLEPIAN/Alberni Valley News
  • updated Apr 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Aid for the residents is being coordinated through the Port Alberni shelter society.

UPDATE: Catalyst fire caused by overheated bearing

  • posted Apr 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM

An overheated bearing was the cause of the Catalyst paper mill fire the night of April 16.

Electric scooter likely cause of South Port apartment fire

  • updated Apr 17, 2015 at 3:17 AM

An electric scooter is believed to be the cause of a fire that broke out in an apartment building at Melrose and Second Avenue.

Paper machine fire at Catalyst

  • updated Apr 17, 2015 at 3:02 AM

A paper machine fire broke out at the Catalyst paper mill just before 11 p.m. on Thursday, April 16.

Leading by nature

  • posted Apr 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM

The Hupacasath's new councillor has generations of leadership behind her.

Alberni Valley News Videos

Community Events, April 2015

Add an Event

Question of the Day

Are you satisfied with the decision SD70 made to close both Eighth Avenue and Gill schools?

You might like...

    More News

    Read the latest eEdition

    Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

    Apr 16 edition online now. Browse the archives.