With the onset of this beautiful summer weather, Hollies had the best turnout on Ladies night in the past four years.
Deana Horton, Alyssa Gauthier, Shelley Sevigny, Lindsey Sexton and Courtney Witte are not only newcomers to ladies night, but also to golf.
They had a blast and are looking forward to coming out again. Welcome to all of the newcomers.
Suzanne Jones took home the longest drive, sponsored by Tim Horton’s. Longest putt, sponsored by 7-11, was won by Sharanne Gaiga. Sharanne also won KP, sponsored by Safeway. Great drive Sharanne.
Port Alberni Pizza Factory sponsored the closest to the pin on the second shot, won by Sue Steinhaeur. Sue also won the top score for the night, shooting a 37 for the round.
Best score to a newcomer was won by Erika Giguere. .
Because there was such a large turnout, Hollies donated $1 per registration for a door prize, which was won by Maryann McConnell.
Ten Ways to Appreciate Golf
1. Read a great golf book.
2. Keep a journal of those great shots and special moments.
3. Play more often.
4. Lose attachment to the outcome.
5. Next time you sink an unreal putt, celebrate as if you had just won the U.S. Open.
6. Play the course of your dreams with your best friend.
7. Golf with strangers and you will have more friends.
8. Play an entire round of golf as if you were 10 years old.
9. Take a child golfing.
10. Look around the beauty of the golf course and enjoy the experience.
Enjoy the beautiful weather at Hollies.
* Deb Haggard pens the Hollies Ladies Golf Column